COLORFUL SHRIMP PAD THAI
- 6 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sugar In The Raw® sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or additional reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Thai chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 3 cups fresh snow peas
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Eggland’s Best Eggs (large), lightly beaten
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, chili sauce, oil and pepper flakes until blended; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 2 teaspoons oil until shrimp turn pink; remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry snow peas and carrots in remaining oil for 1-2 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add eggs; cook and stir until set.
- Drain noodles; add to vegetable mixture.
- Stir vinegar mixture and add to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp, bean sprouts and green onions; heat through.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts.