DREAMY & SPICY SHAKSHUKA
- 4 large Eggland’s Best® eggs
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Anaheim pepper, chopped and seeded
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 cans (14 oz each) Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup broth of choice (chicken, veggie)
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 pita or flatbreads (6 inch)
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and peppers; sauté until onions begin to brown.
- Add garlic, stir and let it cook until fragrant.
- Now add the broth, salt, paprika, oregano, tomato paste, and diced tomatoes, one at a time, then stir it all together.
- Bring to a simmer, then lower heat and maintain simmer for 23 minutes for thickening.
- Add the 4 Eggland’s Best eggs into the skillet in each quadrant.
- Cover the pan, reduce heat and cook for 9 minutes or desired firmness and yolk consistency.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Divide into quarters and serve.