- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, separated
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- Fresh fruits, powdered sugar and edible flowers to garnish
- Preheat the waffle iron and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cinnamon then set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, in a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they begin to form stiff peaks then set them aside.
- In a third bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the egg yolk mixture and stir until mixed.
- Pour the buttermilk into the batter and stir.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Pour into ½ – ¾ cup batter into the prepared waffle maker and cook according to the waffle maker directions.
- Garnish with syrup, fresh fruit, powdered sugar and edible flowers.