GLUTEN-FREE VANILLA CAKE POPS
- 2 1/2 c. gluten-free flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 Eggland’s Best® Eggs, large
- 1/2 c. avocado oil
- 1 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1.5 c. coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick)
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 2 packages of white candy melts
- gold sprinkles
- 36 sticks
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease 2 9″” baking pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, avocado oil, almond milk, sour cream, coconut sugar, and vanilla.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir. Then add the other half and stir until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly into the two baking pans and bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the buttercream frosting. Using a hand or stand mixer (with paddle or whisk attachment), whip the butter for 1 minute.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and almond milk, and mix on low speed.
- Allow cake to cool; then crumble it into a bowl, ensuring there are no large clumps.
- Add 6 spoonfuls of buttercream frosting and combine with a spatula.
- Form into 1-inch balls. If it doesn’t hold together, add another spoon of frosting. You will have some leftover frosting.
- Heat a few candy melts in the microwave, stirring at 30-second intervals.
- Dip the tip of each stick into the melted candy and push into cake pop until it reaches about halfway through.
- Place on a plate/pie tin and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Remove cake pops from freezer (work in batches of 12 so they stay cold while coating) and heat the rest of the candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring at 30-second intervals.
- Dip cake pop into melted candy to cover the top half; then use a spoon to cover the rest of the cake pop.
- This is easier than twirling the stick around in the coating because you don’t want the cake to fall off the stick!
- Immediately top with sprinkles.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes and enjoy!
- Store at room temperature.
- If you don’t have a cake pop stand, fill a cup with rice, beans, or sprinkles and place the cake pops in the cup.