- 4 Eggland’s Best® eggs
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced shiitake and/or oyster mushrooms
- 2 carrots, diced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1.6 ounces dry (1 cup cooked) whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups halved baby bok choy
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Place the eggs in a pot and cover with cold water.
- Place the pot over high heat until it comes to a boil.
- Once boiling, set a timer for 6 minutes.
- After 6 minutes, remove the eggs from the pot and place them into a bowl of ice water to prevent overcooking.
- Set aside.
- Place a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the sesame oil, ginger, garlic, mushrooms and carrots. Cook for 3–4 minutes until the mushrooms have cooked down slightly.
- Add the vegetable broth and tamari.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium and add the spaghetti.
- Cook for about 7 minutes, until the spaghetti is al dente.
- Add the broccoli and baby bok choy, cover and cook for 3–4 minutes, until the broccoli and bok choy are tender.
- Turn off the heat.
- Crack the egg shells, then peel under running water to wash away any small shell pieces.
- Slice each egg in half.
- Ladle the soup evenly between four bowls, then top with the eggs and green onions.
- Garnish with sriracha and sesame seeds, if desired.