SUMMER CORN CAKES
- 1 cup of fresh corn, cut off the cob (about 2 ears of corn)
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 Eggland’s Best® Eggs (large)
- ½ cup buttermilk or whole fat plain yogurt
- ¼ cup basil, cut with chiffonade method
- ¼ cup oil, for cooking cakes
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- Juice of ½ of a lime
- Salt to taste
- Crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Chiffonade of fresh basil or micro basil
- Avocado, diced
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients, corn through basil.
- Over medium-high heat, heat up 1 tablespoon of oil or enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Once oil is hot, place ¼-⅓ cup scoops of batter in the pan and flatten slightly. Cook about 2 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, stir together yogurt ingredients.
- Serve cakes with queso fresco, fresh basil, avocado, and yogurt.