- 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice reduction
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 beaten egg white
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 12 ounces ground raw turkey or chicken
- Nonstick cooking spray
- In a small pan, bring 1 & 1/2 cups of Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until half the liquid—3/4 cup—remains. Let cool.
- In a bowl, stir together the barbecue sauce, orange juice reduction and water; set aside.
- For meatballs: In a large mixing bowl, combine egg white, graham cracker crumbs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add beef and turkey/chicken; mix well.
- Shape into 36 meatballs.
- Spray an unheated 12-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add meatballs and brown on all sides over medium heat, then place meatballs in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Pour sauce over meatballs.
- Cover and bake in a 350° F oven for 1 hour.
- Serve with wooden toothpicks.
- If desired, garnish with cut-up orange pieces.